The Linux Application Checkpoint-Restart Project (Linux-CR) aims to get core functionality into the upstream Linux kernel to checkpoint, restart, and migrate applications and Linux Containers.
The Linux-CR project is applying to the 2010 Google Summer of code (GoSC) as a mentoring organization.
- Oren Laadan
- Serge Hallyn
We can be found on the containers mailing list or on #lxcontainers on irc.freenode.net.
- Doing the TPM exploitation for signing and verifying images.
- Handling FUSE filesystems, as I imagine those will be desirable for containers.
- better diagnostics tools (improve ckptinfo to give more info, to give stats about objects and the entire image), and also add a visualization tool
- userspace image mangling tools - that allow to change something in the image in a robust way (e.g. change an open file to another file).
- userspace conversion tools (between versions of checkpoint image)
* Your Name: * Email Address: * State/Country or Time Zone. * IRC nick: * Background: * Education * Previous open source participation * Virtualization experience * Which project are you interested in? (If you have your own idea related to checkpoint/restart you can list that too) * Is there a specific reason for choosing the project you did? (i.e. crypto interest for TPM) * If you didn't get paid, what if any coding project would you choose to do?