Application checkpoint/restart (c/r) is the ability to save the state of a running application so that it can later resume its execution from the time at which it was checkpointed, on the same or a different machine.
- Issue and bug tracking: https://www.linux-cr.org/redmine
- Kernel code: (browse the code) git://www.linux-cr.org/pub/git/linux-cr.git
- User-space code (browse the code) git://www.linux-cr.org/pub/git/user-cr.git
- User-space test suite (browse the code) git://www.linux-cr.org/pub/git/test-cr.git
- Mailing List: firstname.lastname@example.org
- IRC channel: look for #lxcontainers hosted on irc.freenode.net
- Google Summer of Code ideas
- 25-Feb-2010: LWN covers checkpoint-restart in the Kernel Page after version 19 is posted to LKML.
- 15-Feb-2010: Serge Hallyn reports successful checkpoint-restart of a VNC server running TWM and xeyes !
- 7-Oct-2009: Checkpoint-Restart was presented at the Linux Plumbers Conference. Prior to that we also had a BoF. Notes from these are now available.
In the NEWS
- LWN article from February 24, 2010
- LWN article from February 25, 2009
- LWN article from August 11, 2008